.

.

Reuploads Form

09 August 2015

The Persuasive Trombone of Urbie Green vol.1 (1960)

The Persuasive Trombone of Urbie Green
vol.1 (1960)
Command RS 33-815
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 
Tracklisting:
A1.At Last (Gordon-Warren)
A2.Prisoner Of Love (Columbo-Gaskill-Robin) 3:3
A3.Dream (Johnny Mercer)
A4.I've Heard That Song Before (Cahn-Styne)
A5.Moonlight Serenade (Miller-Parish)
A6.Stairway To The Stars (Malneck-Parish-Signorelli)
B1.Let's Fall In Love (Arlen-Koehler)
B2.My Silent Love (Heyman-Suesse)
B3.My Melancholy Baby (Burnett-Norton)
B4.I Had The Craziest Dream (Gordon-Warren)
B5.I'm Getting Sentimental Over You (Bassman-Washington)
B6.I Can't Get Started (Duke-I. Gershwin) 


 Urbie Green worked with Benny Goodman off in 1955-57,
appearing in the movie “The Benny Goodman Story”,
and played with Count Basie in 1963.
After the death of Tommy Dorsey,
he fronted the Dorsey ghost band (1966-67).
During his long career, Urbie recorded with some of the greatest figures in jazz,
including Louis Armstrong, Charles Mingus, Billie Holiday,
Coleman Hawkins, Ella Fitzgerald, Antonio Carlos Jobim,
Wes Montgomery and Jimmy Smith. He remained musically active until the 1980s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...